Barnes Center at The Arch Immunizations
Appointments for the following immunizations may be scheduled by calling 315.443.8000 or on the Patient Portal.
- Hepatitis A and B
- HPV (Gardasil)
- Influenza (“Flu Shot”)
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Meningitis A and B
In accordance with New York Public Health Law Sections 2165 and 2167, all Syracuse University students who were born on or after Tuesday, Jan. 1, 1957, and registered for six or more credit hours or residing in University housing, must demonstrate proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella and meningococcal disease prior to beginning classes. If applicable, only officially translated documents are accepted.
The Barnes Center at The Arch health and wellness team must maintain a record of the following for each student.
- Documentation of two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) or proof of immunity.
- Documentation of one dose of meningococcal meningitis ACWY vaccine within the preceding five years and after the age of 16, or a completed waiver form declining the vaccination.
Accessing Immunization Records
- You may acquire records by contacting your primary care physician, previous school or institution.
- The Barnes Center Health Care team is available to assist students who have not been vaccinated or do not have vaccination records. Please call 315.443.8000 to learn more.
- Visit the Patient Portal webpage for detailed instructions on accessing Immunization Records previously submitted to the Patient Portal.
Provide Proof of Immunization(s)
- Please visit the Patient Portal webpage for detailed instructions.
- Records may also be faxed to 315.443.9010.
Not Yet Eligible for Second Dose of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- Please visit the Patient Portal webpage for detailed instructions and upload documentation, including date, that the first dose of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) was received.
- If a first MMR dose was less than 28 days ago, submitted documentation will be reviewed for compliance until eligible for the second MMR dose.
- A second MMR dose is not required until an individual is eligible.
- Once complete, visit the Patient Portal webpage for detailed instructions and upload documentation of second MMR dose as soon as possible to stay in compliance.
Concern of Potentially Missing an Immunization Deadline
If there is concern with potentially missing a University immunization deadline, please email the Barnes Center Health Care team, including a student SUID and details as to why the deadline may be missed, as soon as possible. The Barnes Center team will then work to review and provide personalized guidance on next steps.
Immunization Requirement Exemptions
Approval is at the discretion of the Barnes Center at The Arch Medical Director. For questions or additional information, please email Medical Records or call 315.443.2667.
The following students are not required to submit proof of immunization.
- Students born before Tuesday, Jan. 1, 1957.
- Students who do not reside in University housing and are registered for less than six credit hours.
- Students exclusively matriculated in University online degree programs.
Patient Portal Waiver Forms
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR): Please submit the Patient Portal Medical or Religious Exemption Waiver.
- Meningococcal Meningitis ACWY: Please submit the Patient Portal Meningitis Waiver.
No Action Taken: Proof of Immunization(s)
Please note, the immunization requirement form located on the Patient Portal, must be completed and sent to the Barnes Center at The Arch health and wellness team by the noted deadline and prior to your arrival on campus. New students may not be able to access housing assignments, class schedules, and/or parking and arrival passes until health history and immunization record forms have been submitted.