Members of the campus community are invited to make reservations. For questions or to learn more, email Christine Scollay, associate director of facilities operations or call 315.443.8416.
For philanthropy events, special events or events requiring equipment reservations, please use the Event Reservation Form below.
Event Reservation Form
For meeting reservations, please use the the Wellness Portal instructions below. To learn more about using the Wellness Portal, visit the Wellness Portal Instructional webpage.
- Log in to the Wellness Portal with your Syracuse University email and password.
- Review list and select meeting space of interest.
- Check availability by selecting "View Facility in Calendar" at the top of the event's space. When complete, select the back button.
- Next, from the top of the page, select "Reserve this Facility."
- Then, complete the form. In "Comments," please be sure to include details of the activity/purpose for requesting the space.
Facilities Reservations (Billing and Fees, Forms, Procedures)
- Instruction is restricted to individuals who are specifically employed by Recreation.
- All groups interested in reserving space in recreation facilities must submit a completed Facility Rental Request Form at least three weeks in advance of the requested event date via the Wellness Portal.
- Requests will be processed in the order in which they were received and prioritized according to the Scheduling Priority Policy. Individuals requesting facilities will be contacted to discuss the facility request. Notification of approval or non-approval of facility reservation requests will be provided in writing. Event planning meetings will be required for all events.
- The sponsor for the event or reservation is responsible for the actions of all individuals that participate in or attend the event. All participants shall adhere to the regulations outlined in the Recreation Policies. Failure to adhere to stated policies will result in the termination of the reservation and may result in the loss of future reservation privileges, penalties, fines or disciplinary action.
- Events are not considered confirmed until a confirmation email has been sent and any required additional paperwork, if required, has been submitted (i.e. a release of liability and a copy of the user group’s insurance certificate, if required, minors on campus plan).
- Registered Student Organizations and Greek Chapters that wish to fundraise on campus must follow the Syracuse University Fundraising Policy. Groups must submit a statement of support that states that the funds raised by the student organization are going to the group outlined in their request. Student Activity or Fraternity/Sorority Affairs advisors should be aware of the fundraising request.
- Events requiring additional services from both on- and off-campus service providers will be responsible for additional fees based on the individual policies of those vendors. These include Department of Public Safety, Syracuse University Ambulance, and Parking and Transit Services.
Facility rental fees will be assessed under the following circumstances:
- All community/non-University reservations.
- If admission fees or registration fees are being charged for the event. (Facility rental fees for student organization philanthropy events will be waived if documentation is provided that all proceeds from the event have been donated to the designated charity.)
- If event will involve participants that are not current Syracuse University students or faculty/staff.
Additional fees may be assessed for the use of special equipment/set-up requests including tables, chairs, access to electricity, racquetball equipment, basketballs, etc. Please inquire about fees associated with special requests when making a facility reservation.
Rental groups are required to provide the University with a comprehensive liability insurance policy with Syracuse University named as the insured in the following instances:
- All facility rentals by groups other than Syracuse University students and departments.
- Syracuse University student group or department events with participants other than Syracuse University students, faculty/staff.
The insurance policy needs to be for one million dollars of coverage. Affordable short term liability insurance policies for events can be obtained utilizing the Contract and Vendor Insurance Requirements webpage.
Proof of insurance is required at least two weeks prior to the event date.
The sponsor of the reservation shall use the facility at the scheduled time or properly cancel the reservation. The following cancellation policies apply to all groups, including student organizations.
- All cancellations need to be made in writing at least seven days prior to the reservation date to avoid penalties.
- No refunds will be given for reservations that are not cancelled properly.
- Groups will be responsible for paying agreed-upon rental fees.
- Failure to properly cancel reservations will affect future reservation privileges.
- Invoices for events or facility rentals hosted in Recreation facilities must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Groups with outstanding payments over 30 days will be considered past due. Groups with past due payments will not be allowed to schedule events or reserve spaces in Recreation facilities until the invoice is paid.
- After six months, unpaid invoices will be sent to University Collections. Groups with past due payments that have been sent to University Collections will be unable to schedule events or reserve spaces in Recreation facilities until the invoice is paid.