Schedule an Appointment
Please note, there is a No-Show Fee.
- Have Syracuse University I.D. number and insurance information available.
- Call 315.443.8000 or schedule on the Patient Portal. (At this time drop-in services are not available.)
- Barnes Center staff will complete a triage process to determine level of care needed and location of care provided. A limited number of same-day appointments are available.
The Barnes Center at The Arch supports your sexual health and reproductive choices and strives to meet your individual needs. Our providers can assess, treat, educate and provide resources specific to sexual and reproductive health, including assisting you with obtaining all needed health care related to a pregnancy.
With the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, we recognize there are changing and varying laws throughout the United States. As such, we want to remind you of the services offered to you through the Barnes Center at The Arch:
Barnes Center medical providers can educate on the wide array of contraceptives that are available and find the one that is right for you. Long-acting contraceptives, including Nexplanon and different intrauterine devices (IUDs), are available.
Available by prescription as well as over the counter in the Pharmacy. Examples of emergency contraceptives include Plan B, the generic version of Plan B and Ella (which is available only with a prescription). Please talk to the Pharmacist on duty if you have questions about what is right for you. Many emergency contraceptives are covered by insurance with a prescription written by a medical provider.
For those who want to terminate their pregnancy, our medical providers will work with you to determine the agencies and doctors who can assist you as abortion remains legal, accessible and safe in New York. Barnes Center medical providers will support your pregnancy through prenatal care information and connecting you with an OB-GYN who will support your pregnancy and delivery.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Counseling
Students who are managing the impact of this change in law and seeking support can receive confidential counseling. Barnes Center counselors are available to provide emotional support to students and assist students in making pregnancy related decisions.
Testing And Treatment For Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
Free and available throughout the academic year, offerings will be promoted on the Patient Portal, Syracuse University Events Calendar and through additional campus outreach.
- Free Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine Clinics
- Free Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Appointments (Get Yourself Tested)
Confidential STI appointments provide screening opportunities for the following.
- Chlamydia: Rectal, Throat, Urine
- Gonorrhea: Rectal, Throat, Urine
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV): Blood Test
- Syphilis: Blood Test
Free STI Screenings
Discuss all available free STI screening opportunities with your nurse. STI screenings are included at no additional cost for participants of the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Sexual Health Education
Explore Wellness Leadership Institute workshops today!
- Bystander Intervention
- Preventive Education
- Sexual and Relationship Violence
Additional Sexual and Reproductive Health Support Services
- Trans and Gender Affirming Services
- Pregnancy Testing
- Preventive Counseling
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Examinations
Safer Sex Express
Place a free Safer Sex Express order today!
Safer Sex Express is a no cost, discreet sexual health supply ordering service for Syracuse University students. Each order is placed in discreet packaging to ensure student’s privacy.
Safer Sex Express Pick-Up and Delivery
Students living in a residence hall may have their order discreetly delivered to their mailbox.
Discreet pick-up is available to all Syracuse University students. Orders will be organized by alphabetical order with the student's first name and SUID.
- Barnes Center at The Arch: Available on the designated shelf across from the Pharmacy.
- Goldstein Student Center: Available on the designated shelf across from the Information Desk on the main entrance level.
Safer Sex Express Supplies
- External Condoms
- Hand Protection
- Internal Condoms
- Oral Dams
- Silicone-Based Lubricants
- Water-Based Lubricants
Bulk Sexual Health Supplies
This form is for student leaders, staff and faculty that will be distributing free sexual health supplies. If you would like supplies for personal use, please complete a Safer Sex Express request. Requests will be fulfilled and available for pick-up within five business days.