Orange After Dark (OAD) hosts late-night programming each Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night, as well as a Late Night Movies schedule. Interested in being part of the OAD team to help coordinate or volunteer at events? Learn more about getting involved.
Fall 2023 OAD Events
- Sept. 14: Shake Up Event
- Sept. 15: Tote-Painting Night
- Sept. 16: WonderWorks
- Sept. 21: Re-SHOE-venate
- Sept. 22: Open Mic Night
- Sept. 23: Apple Picking
- Sept. 23: Movie Night
- Sept. 28: RPM Raceway
- Sept. 29: Homecoming Sign Making
- Sept. 30: Sober Skate
- Oct. 5: Latine Trivia
- Oct. 6: Fiesta Latina
- Oct. 7: Mario Tournament
- Oct. 12: Latine Grocery Bingo
- Oct. 13: Quad Movie Night
- Oct. 14: Horseback Riding
- Oct. 19: Body & Soul
- Oct. 20: 9-Hole Glow Golf
- Oct. 21: Murder Mystery Room
- Oct. 26: Barnes Center Recovery
- Oct. 27: Halloween Dance
- Oct. 28: Day of the Dead
- Nov. 2: In the Lab Collab
- Nov. 3: Family Weekend: Family Karaoke
- Nov. 4: Family Weekend Schine Student Center Takeover
- Nov. 9: Midterm Stressbuster
- Nov. 10: Drag Queen Bingo
- Nov. 11: Apex Entertainment
- Nov. 16: Game Night
- Nov. 17: Movie Night
- Nov. 18: Movie Night
- Nov. 30: Trap & Karaoke
- Dec. 1: Dreamcatcher Workshop
- Dec. 7: Mystery Dinner
- Dec. 8: End-of-the-Year Formal
- Dec. 9: International Ice Skating
- Dec. 12: Syrup-Cuse
Enjoy newly released feature films and favorite classics with Orange After Dark’s Late Night Movie lineup!
- Movies are shown on Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm in Gifford Auditorium in HBC.
- Movies are free! No tickets needed. Valid SU ID required to attend in person screenings.
- Venue capacity is limited. Entry is on a first-come basis.
- Movies are shown with open captions.
Come back soon for the Fall 2023 calendar!
OAD Event Board
Orange After Dark recruits undergraduate students from all class years and majors through an application and interview process to become Event Board members. We look for students who are interested in helping create, plan, execute and assess our late night events. Responsibilities include coordinating event logistics and marketing and working at OAD events.
Check back soon for our Fall 2023 Event Board!
OAD Event Squad
If fun and excitement are part of your vocabulary, then you are speaking the OAD language. As a Squad member, you will assist in executing Orange After Dark events as a volunteer by completing tasks such as event set up, busing, hospitality, ID and ticket scanning. As a squad member you will receive an email when volunteer opportunities are available. Whenever you are able and interested, sign up for a spot! You also get to attend our events for free and receive cool OAD Swag! What are you waiting for? Become an Orange After Dark Squad member for the unsurpassed student experience of a lifetime. All while making new friends and becoming part of an unforgettable team in the orange community.
Orange After Darks FAQs
Yes! We host events every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday throughout the academic year when classes are in session.
We are always looking for new OAD Squad members. The OAD Squad is our group of amazing volunteers who help us run our events. For more info or to let us know you're interested - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once or twice per year, we seek applicants for new OAD Event Board members. The link to the application (when available) will appear on our Event Board page.
Some of our events require tickets, some don't. For events that require tickets, they will be available online (My Tickets Portal Log-In) two Mondays prior to the event. If any remain, tickets will be available to graduate students the Wednesday prior to the event. There is a limit of one ticket per student. Individual event information is available in the event descriptions on our Events page.
When we host a movie premiere event, we buy out an entire theatre (sometimes multiple theatres!) and then sell the corresponding number of tickets to seats in that theatre. If you purchase a ticket through Regal diectly or a third party site (Fandango, etc.) it is not valid for the OAD event, which means you won't be able to sit in the same theatre. Sometimes folks get confused if they purchase a ticket for a screening at the same time, but that ticket will be in a different theatre than OAD since ours is sold exclusively on campus in the Student Box Office. Unfortunately, you cannot use Regal tickets at OAD events.
No. We do not require attendees to use the transportation we provide. You can arrange your own transportation but should be aware of the following:
- You will still need to bring your ticket and SUID to the off-campus venue. We will check your ticket and swipe your ID at the event.
- The event start time listed on flyers and on the website is the time when buses depart campus in order to get us to the venue at our planned time. If you travel separately, please consider this when you plan your evening.
(link to Guest Policy)
Students are limited to purchasing 1 ticket per event. Unfortunately, no discounts are offered. If you work on campus and want to bring a group of students as part of a university sponsored program, please email us (email@example.com) with your request (please include the event name and the specific number of students you are interested in bringing). Depending on the event we may be able to accommodate the request.
Yes, Parking and Transportation Services provides a safety escort shuttle. Information can be found on the Parking and Transportation website.
Additionally, the Department of Public Safety (DPS) encourages students to download the Orange Safe mobile app. Information on this app is also on the DPS website.