All Registered Student Organization (RSO) sponsored events held in Student Centers venues are required to be ticketed through the Student Box Office, with the exception of:
- Closed events, such as those only open to members of a specific organization or limited to invited guests only.
- Expos such as career fairs or organizational fairs that do not have any sort of formal program.
- Free events whose expected attendance will not reach capacity.
The maximum capacity of an event indicates to the Box Office the total number of tickets that can be made available for an event.
The Box Office offers an event sponsor the ability to request complimentary (comp) tickets.
- The number of comps an RSO is allowed may be dictated by Student Association Funding.
- The number of comps requested still count towards an event’s capacity. Everyone sitting in the audience needs to be accounted for in the ticket count (capacity).
- Performers planning to watch any part of an event must be issued a comp ticket. This both ensures their entry into the venue, as well as prevents an event from going over capacity and potentially denying entry to a paying customer.
- If the sponsor chooses not to allow performers into the audience to watch, it is their responsibility to communicate that beforehand with both Student Engagement and the performers and assist with the enforcement during the event.
All ticketing must be done through the Student Box Office. To view Box Office policies, and to submit the ticket request form, please visit https://experience.syracuse.edu/student-box-office. (link to imbedded form)
Each ticket request form is required to be confirmed by Student Engagement.