August 28th – September 15th 2023
Each year, RSOs are required to re-register with Student Engagement (the former Student Activities office). The purpose of Re-Registration is to ensure that organizations are aware of policies and procedures, have updated their ‘CuseActivities portal, and are prepared for the upcoming academic year. All of the steps listed below must be completed by Friday, September 15th at 5PM. If these steps are completed by that date, you will have completed Re-Registration successfully and will continue operating as an RSO for the rest of the academic year.
We have updated some of the requirements of re-registration as a way to equip you all with the best knowledge and practices. Please review the steps below. If you have any questions, email email@example.com, and a Student Engagement Staff will respond as soon as possible.
- Update & Renew ‘CuseActivities portal
- Each organization must submit their re-registration form on ‘CuseActivities. This can be found under the ‘Organizations’ tab, followed by clicking Register an Organization and searching for your organization. You can also click here
- The membership list must be updated. This includes adding any new members and deleting or moving any non-members to a different group (i.e. ‘Alumni’).
- The Advisor Contract must be completed. This contract is automatically sent via email to your advisor’s email. It may go into a spam/junk folder, or the advisor may not know what it is. Be sure to let your advisor know to expect this email. Your portal/profile cannot be approved without a completed advisor contract. Advisors are also required to complete two trainings over the course of both fall and spring semester. Please visit the Advisors Materials Page for those details.
- The president of the organization must complete the four online Officer Training modules through HotSpot
- These modules can be found on the HotSpot Officer Training webpage.
- There will be four modules that you will need to review. Two quizzes that will cover all the material given within the HotSpot trainings.
- The president of the organization must earn a 100 on the quizzes for them to count.
- Each module has a link that will direct you to a quiz on either Google Forms or Qualtrics.
Workshops (Dates/Times/Locations TBD)
Part of Re-Registration for RSO’s includes attending workshops that enhance their leadership skills and knowledge of available resources. Below is the breakdown of required workshops for RSO’s.
- Introduction to Student Engagement
- Community Standards (required for ALL executive board members)
- Additional Workshops (must attend TWO (2) workshops in this category)
- Event Planning
- Stop Bias
- DEIA (J)
- ‘CuseActivities 101
- Recruitment & Retention
- Budget Requests
- Fiscal Agent Training (attendance required to submit a budget request)
- A minimum of one executive board member must attend each workshop, unless otherwise specified, for the attendance to count for the RSO. Members are welcome to attend more than the required sessions.
Fall Workshop & Presentation Schedule
Workshop details will be posted closer to the start of the re-registration period. Please check back later for more information.