Groups are open to members of the Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY ESF) communities. Please email the LGBTQ Resource Center for more information.
Please note that affinity group participation is free and open only to those who hold the relevant identities for each group. Groups are not open for observation or reporting. If you are an ally, this is not the space for you, but please email the LGBTQ Resource Center and we can provide you with resources and answer any questions.
- A-Spec Affinity Group: A group for asexual, aromantic, demisexual, demiromantic, gray or questioning individuals.
- Grad Student Affinity Group: A group that creates a safe, healing space for graduate students that are queer and/or trans.
- LGBTQ+ Faculty and Staff Affinity Group: A group for faculty and staff who identify as LGBTQ+.
- oSTEM/Queer People in STEM: A space for LGBTQ+ individuals who are involved in STEM or have interests related to STEM.
- QTPOC Affinity Group: A group for queer and trans students of color.
- Syracuse University/SUNY ESF Parents and Families of Queer and Trans Students Affinity Group: A group for SU/ESF faculty and staff that are parents/family of a queer or trans child, or for parents/caretakers of a queer or trans SU/ESF student.
- Trans Affinity Group: A group for trans, nonbinary, genderqueer and gender questioning individuals.