The Trans 101 workshop builds off of the LGBTQ Resource Center’s LGBTQ+ 101 and Safe Zone workshops to offer a training specifically focused on transgender issues.
After completing this one hour workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the difference between sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexuality.
- Correctly define “transgender” and “gender non-conforming.”
- Identify words or phrases that are derogatory to transgender people and should be avoided.
- Name at least two challenges many trans people experience before and after coming out.
- Identify three emotions a trans person might experience during their coming out process.
Trans 101 dates and times for the Spring 2022 semester are as follows:
- Thursday, Feb. 3, 10-11 a.m.
- Friday, March 4, 3-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6, 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2-3 p.m.
All sessions will be virtual. To register, please fill out the Trans 101 Registration form.
To request a training for your group or department, please email the LGBTQ Resource Center.