In honor of Native Heritage Month (NHM), Syracuse University’s Multicultural Affairs, within the Student Experience division, hosts a series of events in the month of November in collaboration with campus departments and student organizations.
Native Heritage Month is to celebrate rich and diverse cultures, traditions, and histories and to acknowledge the important contributions of Native people.
Celebrating November as Native Heritage Month
In honor of Native Heritage Month (NHM), Multicultural Affairs in collaboration with campus departments and student organizations have organized events throughout November. Visit the University Events Calendar for complete details.
- Wednesday, Nov. 2 – Indigenous Awareness Discussion, 500 Hall of Languages, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 4 – Opening Social Dance, Onondaga Community College, 7-9 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 5 – Ribbon Skirt Workshop: Day 1, Room 200, 113 Euclid Ave., Noon-5 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 6 – Ribbon Skirt Workshop: Day 2, Room 200, 113 Euclid Ave., Noon-5 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 7 – A Taste of Indigeneity with IndigiKitchen’s Mariah Gladstone, 500 Hall of Languages, 1-3 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 7 – Haudenosaunee Principles of Peace and Democracy Speaker Series: Whatwehni:neh Freida Jacques, Skä•noñh – Great Law of Peace Center, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 – Full Moon Ceremony with Diane Schenandoah, Honwadiyenawa’sek/One who helps them, Barnes Center at The Arch, Shaw Quadrangle, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 – “The Land You’re On: Acknowledging the Haudenosaunee” Launch Party, Special Collections Research Center, 114 Bird Library, 3-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 – “Savage/Future”: Film Screening with Terry Jones, Blackstone LaunchPad, 114 Bird Library, 4:15-5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 13 – Lacrosse – Learn to Play, Room 200, 113 Euclid Ave. and Women’s Building Field, 1-3 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 13 – Saturday, Nov. 19 – Rock Your Mocs Week
- Thursday, Nov. 17 – Snipe Clan Botanicals Salve-Making Workshop with Sateiokwen Bucktooth ’11, Room 300, 113 Euclid Ave., 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 – Native Heritage Month Closing Ceremony, Skybarn, 6-8:30 p.m.
Join the Native Heritage Month celebration by following and sharing photos using #cuseNHM on your favorite social media platform!