We invite you to consider applying to be a Living Learning Community Resident Advisor! From planning programs, interacting with the faculty, and helping students successfully transition to Syracuse University, Living Learning Community Resident Advisors (LLCRAs) have a huge impact on the experience of the living learning community students.
LLCRAs are just like other RAs, but with a few added tasks and responsibilities, which include but are not limited to:
- Assist with providing seven additional Living Learning Community (LLC) engagement opportunities a year
- LLC Orientation during August Move-In week
- Academic Resource Exploration event
- Fall Bonding event
- Faculty Experience event
- Academic Stress Break
- Experiential Enrichment event
- Diversity & Inclusion event
- End-of-the-year closure event
- Interact with LLC Faculty/Staff at team meetings or when planning programs
- Serve as a teammate to peer mentors and those serving on a LLC team
- Serve as an ongoing recruitment ambassador to potential LLCRAs and incoming first-year LLC residents
To compensate for the extra responsibility, LLCRAs receive a maximum stipend of approximately $660 per year.
Information regarding the application process can be found on Student Living’s website. If your questions about the LLC RA position are not answered on Student Living’s website, you can reach out to LLC staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.