Living Learning Communities is a partnership between Academic Affairs and the Division of the Student Experience. As such, the office reports through two distinct areas, the Associate Provost (Academic Affairs) and Student Living (Division of the Student Experience).
The office supports incoming students’ academic and social transition and success at Syracuse University through residential learning communities.
- 1998: The current Living Learning Communities program began with 2 LLCs: the Whitman School of Management LLC and the Honors LLC.
- 2003: The Living Learning Communities office was created to support the continued growth of LLCs at Syracuse University
We will be national leaders at integrating the curricular and co-curricular experience to enhance students’ success at SU and employability beyond.
Living Learning Communities, through University-wide collaboration, creates residential learning communities that:
- Enhance the sense of belonging for undergraduate students
- Foster peer to peer student connections
- Support students’ academic experience and success
- Provide enrichment opportunities within students’ field of study
- Sense of Belonging
- Academic Engagement & Support
- Student Satisfaction