Spouses and children (under 21 years old) of F-1 and J-1 visa holders can apply for F-2 or J-2 dependent visas or, if inside the U.S., apply to change their immigration status to F-2 or J-2.
To request I-20s or DS-2019s for your dependents, please follow the following steps.
- Log into the International Student and Scholar (ISSS) Portal through MySlice. If you do not have access to the portal, please email the Center for International Services with a detailed description of the issue (include screenshots if possible) or visit the Center for International Services during walk-in advising (Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Go to the Student Request Center.
- Find the Dependent Request.
- Complete the Financial Information Questionnaire.
- Upload proof of financial support for you and your dependents based on the Financial Information Questionnaire.
- Complete the Dependent Information Questionnaire and upload a copy of the dependent’s passport biodata page for each dependent.
- Submit Request.
Within 3-5 business days you will receive an email that you and your dependents’ I-20s are available in the Document Center of the ISSS Portal (F-1 students only) or that your DS-2019s are ready for pick up from the Center for International Services (J-1 students only).
If you have questions about adding a dependent, applying for a change of status to a dependent category, applying for a dependent visa, or any other questions pertaining to your dependents’ immigration status please visit our office during our walk-in advising (Monday – Friday from 11am to 3pm) or email the Center for International Services.