Not Another PowerPoint!
Not Another PowerPoint! How to Become an Effective Presenter Using Universal Design
This PowerPoint presentation enables you to use principles of Universal Instructional Design (UID) to reach potential students/audience members with a broad range in ability, age, reading level, learning style, native language, race, ethnicity, and other characteristics.
Building Pedagogical Curb Cuts
Building Pedagogical Curb Cuts: Incorporating Disability in the University Classroom and Curriculum
Students at Syracuse University’s Disability Studies Program published this monograph. The editors and major contributors are leaders of the Beyond Compliance Coordinating Committee. The book, which reflects the mission of the group, is remarkable because it was conceived and created entirely by students. The book recognizes that compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other anti-discrimination laws is important, but that often those measures do not go far enough to ensure that universities acknowledge and value the contributions of all students, including students with disabilities.
- Accessible Syracuse
- Beyond Compliance Coordinating Committee
- Burton Blatt Institute
- Center on Human Policy, Law, and Disability Studies
- ‘Cuse ASL
- Disability Law and Policy Program
- Disability Law Society
- Disability Rights Clinic
- Disability Services
- Disability Student Union
- Disability Studies @ Syracuse University
- Institute on Communication and Inclusion
- LGBTQ Resource Center
- Mid-State Early Childhood Direction Center
- Multicultural Affairs
- National Symposium on Neurodiversity at Syracuse University
- Slutzker Center for International Services
- Taishoff Center for Inclusive Higher Education