Not Another PowerPoint!
Not Another PowerPoint! How to Become an Effective Presenter Using Universal Design
This PowerPoint presentation enables you to use principles of Universal Instructional Design (UID) to reach potential students/audience members with a broad range in ability, age, reading level, learning style, native language, race, ethnicity and other characteristics.
Building Pedagogical Curb Cuts
Building Pedagogical Curb Cuts: Incorporating Disability in the University Classroom and Curriculum
Students in Syracuse University’s disability studies program published this monograph. The editors and major contributors are leaders of the Beyond Compliance Coordinating Committee. The book, which reflects the mission of the group, is remarkable because it was conceived and created entirely by students. The book recognizes that compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other anti-discrimination laws is important, but that often those measures do not go far enough to ensure that universities acknowledge and value the contributions of all students, including students with disabilities.
- Accessible Syracuse
- Beyond Compliance Coordinating Committee
- Burton Blatt Institute
- Center for Disability Resources
- Center for International Services
- Center on Human Policy
- ‘Cuse ASL
- Disability Law and Policy Program
- Disability Law Society
- Disability Rights Clinic
- Disability Student Union
- Disability Studies at Syracuse University
- Inclusion and Communication Initiatives
- LGBTQ Resource Center
- Mid-State Early Childhood Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center
- Multicultural Affairs
- Taishoff Center for Inclusive Higher Education