The Tough Topic Tuesdays program serves as an opportunity to foster civic dialogue, promote understanding and create an inclusive and respectful environment for the campus community to engage in discussions on challenging subjects related to bias, diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, identity, intersectionality, politics and more. By providing a platform for open and constructive conversations, Tough Topic Tuesdays contributes to the overall growth and development of our University community.
Attend Tough Topic Tuesdays
This free drop-in discussion series is open to Syracuse University students, faculty and staff. Discussions will cover a wide variety of tough topics including cancel culture, mental health, the coming out process, cultural appropriation, the false history of Thanksgiving and the “Happy Holidays” controversy.
Fall 2023 Schedule
Discussions occur on Tuesdays from 3-4:30 p.m. at 804 University Ave., Room 115, on a roughly biweekly basis. For questions or to request accommodations, please email Jessica Roberts, Bias Education Coordinator, or call 315.443.3728.
- Tuesday, Sept. 5: Cancel Culture
- Tuesday, Sept. 19: Mental Health Stigmas
- Tuesday, Oct. 17: Coming Out
- Tuesday, Oct. 24: Culture or Costume? A Conversation on Cultural Appropriation
- Tuesday, Nov. 7: The True History of Thanksgiving
- Tuesday, Dec. 5: “Happy Holidays” – A Conversation on Spreading Cheer, Not Hate