Syracuse University has been designated as a United States Intelligence Community Center for Academic Excellence (IC CAE)—a highly competitive, congressionally mandated program funded by the U.S. Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), which partners with universities to increase the diversity of the U.S. intelligence workforce. The IC CAE offers undergraduate and graduate students unique coursework as well as programmatic and training opportunities to prepare for professional positions in any of the 17 agencies of the U.S. Intelligence Community.
Begin your IC CAE Member Application
Benefits of Becoming a Syracuse University IC CAE Program Member
Students who become members of the Syracuse University IC CAE will have access to unique coursework as well as programmatic and training opportunities:
- National security and intelligence-related interdisciplinary courses
- Downey and intelligence community scholarships
- Intelligence community-related internship opportunities
- Cultural immersion, language study and study abroad
- Appreciation for the role of diversity in the U.S. government
- Professional development in Syracuse and Washington, DC national security and intelligence community programs
- Participation in the annual Syracuse University IC CAE Symposium and an array of related visitors and speakers
- On-campus seminars, simulations, trainings and workshops
- Intelligence community site visits and field trips
- Mentorship from faculty experts and practitioners
- Membership in a cohort of students committed to public service
The IC CAE program is also available to students who are interested in studying national security and intelligence subjects—but do not seek professional opportunities in these areas.
Become an IC CAE Scholar
The Syracuse University Intelligence Community Center for Academic Excellence program is open to all matriculated undergraduate and graduate students at Syracuse University who hold U.S. citizenship. To become an IC CAE member, students must complete an online application and meet with IC CAE advisors.
Learn more about Academic and Co-curricular Requirements.
Questions? Contact Us or Make an Appointment.
Syracuse University’s Intelligence Community Center for Academic Excellence offers unique coursework as well as programmatic and training opportunities to prepare students for professional positions within the U.S. Intelligence Community. The IC CAE program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at Syracuse University; students at consortium partner schools can join their institution’s affiliated programs and may participate in related programmatic and curricular activities at Syracuse University.