First Step: Become an IC CAE Member
The Syracuse University Intelligence Community Center for Academic Excellence (IC CAE) program is open to all matriculated undergraduate and graduate students at Syracuse University, especially those who wish to pursue careers in the U.S. Intelligence Community. We also welcome individuals to become IC CAE members if they have an interest in national security and intelligence affairs, but are not seeking professional career opportunities in the intelligence field. The goal of the program is to better prepare students for careers in the Intelligence Community and attract diverse candidates to careers in national intelligence and security. Students at consortium partner schools can join their institution’s affiliated programs and may also participate in activities at Syracuse University.
Second Step: Complete Requirements to Become an IC CAE Scholar
The requirements to become an IC CAE Scholar are as follows:
- Complete at least six credits of academic coursework in one or more of these subject areas:
- National Security, Intelligence analysis, and/or the Intelligence Community (highly recommended)
- Cybersecurity and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Participation in at least two IC CAE related University sponsored events on campus each year on topics that are directly related to the intelligence community, national security and international affairs or more general subjects such as diversity and inclusion, leadership, ethics, and security clearances.
- U.S. citizenship
- Strongly recommended: Study abroad, intern with an IC agency or related organization, participate in an IC CAE program, or attend the annual IC CAE summer seminar.
Twice a year, the IC CAE program office will reach out to all IC CAE members asking for individuals to complete a survey that indicates they have completed the IC CAE Scholar requirements. Those who successfully pass a review of their submission will receive an email acknowledgement of the review and an IC CAE Scholar certificate in electronic and paper form.