Resident Advisors (RAs) and Living Learning Community Resident Advisors (LLCRAs) are at the heart of the living experience, serving as leaders in their communities and providing residents with support, referrals and opportunities for connection.
Please note that the 2023-24 RA application process has concluded. Information regarding the 2024-25 RA application process will be updated on this page in the Fall 2023 semester and by December 1, 2023.
RA and LLCRA Application Process
The application process is a multistep process, inclusive of a written application, individual interview and a group interview. Information regarding the scheduling of interviews is included within the application itself.
- Step 1: Review the 2023-2024 RA and LLCRA Handshake Guidelines. Following, attend or watch an Information Session (not an application requirement).
- Step 2: Log into Handshake with your Syracuse University email and password. Complete the New RA Handshake Application by the deadline of Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023, 11:59 p.m. (ET). Please note, users must be logged into Handshake to access all information and the external application link.
- Step 3: Invitations to schedule individual and group process interviews will be sent by email (i.e. @syr.edu) in early February.
- Step 4: Complete the individual interview and group process interviews in early to mid-February.
- Step 5: Application status emails (i.e. @syr.edu) will be sent in early March.
Please note, due to the applicant pool size and number of available appointments, Student Living will maintain an alternate list for any vacancies that arise throughout the summer and the 2023-2024 academic year.
RA and LLCRA Information Sessions
2023 In-Person Information Sessions
- Friday, Jan. 20, 2–3 p.m., 202 Hall of Languages
- Sunday, Jan. 22, Noon-1 p.m., 105 Life Sciences Complex
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, 6–7 p.m., 018 Eggers Hall
2023 Virtual Drop-In Hours
Please review the Information Session Presentation for more information.
Students are asked to first review the Information Session presentation above and then join Student Living staff during virtual drop-in hours on Zoom for any questions that a candidate may have.
- Monday, Jan. 23, 8-9 p.m. (ET)
- Wednesday , Jan. 25, 2-3 p.m. (ET)
- Friday, Jan. 27, Noon-1 p.m. (ET)
Please note, in-person attendance at an information session is not required as a part of the application, but candidates are encouraged to attend one or review the information session presentation above.