Requests and Reporting Concerns

Students living on- and off-campus have a variety of options to report concerns and making requests. Please review the list below to gain a better understanding of the reporting options available.


Registered student organizations my request to place a limited number of lawn signs near residence halls to promote programs and activities. Please review Postings and Promotions for more information.

If you have an interest covering a topic related to Student Living or another topic related to Student Experience, please complete a media request.

Due to the volume of requests received, we cannot accommodate all requests. Class requests cannot be accommodated at this time. For those we can, it could take up to five business days to respond to an inquiry. We aim to assist with as many requests as possible. Inquiries submitted within 24 hours of a deadline may not be responded to in time.

If you have questions related to this media request, please email

Students may request to use public space in residence halls to complete film projects for class. Activities cannot disturb the community, impede entry or egress, and must conform to necessary safety protocols. Learn more making a Theatrical/Film Production request.

Minor (16 and 17 year old) visitors must be registered as a visitor to be able to enter residence halls and apartments. Individuals aged 16 and 17 must have signed parent/guardian permission forms and must be registered and approved in advance. Learn more about the visitor process.  (Note: visitors 18 years of age and over do not need to pre-register but must have photo identification.)


Emergencies should be reported to the Department of Public Safety at one of the following numbers: 315.443.2224, 711 (from any campus phone), #78 (from most wireless carriers). A variety of reporting options, including anonymous reporting, is available from DPS. Learn more about the DPS reporting options available to you. You may also call 911 to reach the Syracuse Police Department.

Staff and student leaders living in your residence hall or community are often your first stop to discuss and report concerns. If a staff member is unable to assist you, they will direct you to the appropriate resource to address your concern.

Use the general Incident Report form to file a report alleging violation(s) of any University policy.

To file a concern involving off-campus properties, use the Off-Campus Neighbor Concern form.

To report a concern of bias or discrimination, please use the Bias Incident Reporting form.

To report any act of sexual harassment or dating violence to the Student Title IX Case Management office. Please be sure to include as much information/detail as possible when completing a  Sexual and Relationship Violence report form.

Report alleged acts of hazing by any recognized or unrecognized organizations, club sports, athletic teams, fraternities, or sororities (academic, service, or social) that involve Syracuse University students. If you submit an alleged hazing report, please be sure to include as much information/detail as possible.

Complete an Online Service Request to submit residential maintenance, repair, or furniture request. 


For additional reporting options, please review Community Standard’s Report a Concern page.