Living on campus at Syracuse University is a partnership. Staff in Student Living (“SL”) work with you to create an unsurpassed on-campus living experience. Understanding these expectations and talking with your roommate(s) about them will help you to be successful and can have a beneficial impact on your overall experience.
Student Living facilitates an unsurpassed student living experience where care, community, inclusion, and student learning are constant. Our community values learning and development, inclusion, holistic well-being, community, innovation, and service.
Preparing students for life goals is not a vision that can be accomplished in a single event. It occurs over time. While you can choose not to participate, we encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and engage with your community, to participate in activities and discussions, and to help develop your community. SL wants to help you build your foundation, and to partner with you as you write your story here at Syracuse University.
As a member of Syracuse University’s on-campus living community, you should expect:
- To contribute to the living expectations in your community through the development of community standards;
- To receive timely information from SL, when reasonably possible;
- To live in an environment where physical and emotional safety and security are priorities;
- To be treated with respect and consideration;
- To seek the aid of SL staff in resolving roommate/neighbor conflicts after having already attempted, and been unsuccessful, in resolving the situation yourself;
- To be challenged to learn new things about yourself and others;
- To be made aware of resources that exist on-campus to support your success;
- To progressively learn how to increase your personal responsibility as you prepare to move to off-campus living experiences.
All residents are bound by the University’s housing terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). The SL policies that follow also apply above and beyond the terms and conditions. Where the policies may conflict with the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions will take priority.