Residents in quarantine/isolation during fall 2021 may request to designate an individual to pack and remove their belongings from their assigned housing space as the semester ends. If you are would like a friend/family member remove your belongings from your primary housing location, you must complete this form (below) at least 48 hours prior to your requested pick-up time.
- Requests will be forwarded to Quarantine and Isolation management staff who will respond to the student following review of the request.
- Students should plan to be on video call with their designee to ensure that all belongings are packed appropriately.
- Students Returning for Spring 2022: only belongings that are needed over winter break should be taken. All items do not need to be removed.
- Students Not Returning for Spring 2022: All personal belongings must be removed. Any personal belongings remaining in the room will be considered abandoned property and discarded.
- Review all move-out requirements to learn the condition in which the room should be left for winter break.
- Your guest will be escorted by a staff member from Student Living (OSL) to your room/apartment. The OSL staff member will remain with your designee throughout the packing and departure process.
- If you have a roommate(s), you must upload a screenshot of an email or text showing that you have received permission from each roommate to have another person pack and pick-up your belongings.
All pick-ups must occur prior to 12 noon, December 18, 2021.
RESIDENCE HALL STUDENTS
PICK-UP BY AN AUTHORIZED DESIGNEE MAY ONLY OCCUR BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9 A.M. – 5 P.M. Your designee will need to show ID to the Residential Community Security Officer upon arrival. They will then be directed to the main desk.
If you have arranged for storage/shipping of your belongings, your designee will need to meet the vendor in the lobby with your belongings. If you have chosen Lazybones as your vendor, Student Living staff can escort them to your room to meet your designee. Lazybones is the only vendor authorized to provide door-to-door service in residential facilities.
SOUTH CAMPUS APARTMENT STUDENTS
PICK-UP BY AN AUTHORIZED DESIGNEE MAY ONLY OCCUR BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9 A.M. – 5 P.M., MONDAY – FRIDAY. Your designee will need to go to the Housing Office, Goldstein Student Center, Suite 210, (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.). They will need to show ID to the Housing Office upon arrival. Housing Office staff will review the process to access the apartment with your designee.
If you have arranged for storage/shipping of your belongings, your designee will need to meet the vendor outside of your apartment in with your belongings. If you have chosen Lazybones as your vendor, Lazybones can staff can assist in the removal of packed belongings from your apartment. Lazybones is the only vendor authorized to provide door-to-door service in residential facilities.
Fall 2021 Isolation/Quarantine Pick-Up Authorization
This form is for use only if you will be in quarantine/isolation housing as the fall 2021 semester ends and need to designate someone to pack and retrieve your belongings from your permanent housing assignment for the winter break period. All information below must be completed to request permission for a designated individual to pack and remove your belonging from your academic year housing assignment while you are in quarantine/isolation housing.