If instructed, students in quarantine and “modified” isolation can access their residence hall spaces to pack/retrieve items but must be masked the entire time while in the residence hall. However, students in full isolation who are not yet permitted to leave isolation may designate another individual to pack and retrieve their belongings. The following information details this process:
If you would like a friend/family member remove your belongings from your primary housing location, you must complete the request form (below) at least 48 hours prior to your requested pick-up time.
- Beginning May 3, 2022, upon entering isolation students will be provided information on how to arrange for an authorized individual to retrieve their belongings on the student’s behalf.
- Requests will be forwarded to Quarantine and Isolation management staff who will respond to the student following review of the request.
- Students should plan to be on video call with their designee to ensure that all belongings are packed appropriately.
- All personal belongings will need to be removed. Any personal belongings remaining in the room will be considered abandoned property and discarded.
- Review all move-out requirements to learn required move-out procedures the condition in which the room should be left for winter break.
- Your guest will be escorted by a staff member from Student Living (SL) to your room/apartment. The SL staff member will remain with your designee throughout the packing and departure process.
- If you have a roommate(s), you must upload a screenshot of an email or text showing that you have received permission from each roommate to have another person pack and pick-up your belongings.
All pick-ups must occur prior to 6 p.m., May 15, 2022.
Residence Hall Students
PICK-UP BY AN AUTHORIZED DESIGNEE MAY ONLY OCCUR BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9 A.M. – 5 P.M. Your designee will need to show ID to the Residential Community Security Officer upon arrival. They will then be directed to the main desk.
If you have arranged for storage/shipping of your belongings, your designee will need to meet the vendor in the lobby with your belongings. If you have chosen Lazybones as your vendor, Student Living staff can escort them to your room to meet your designee. Lazybones is the only vendor authorized to provide door-to-door service in residential facilities.
South Campus Apartment Students
PICK-UP BY AN AUTHORIZED DESIGNEE MAY ONLY OCCUR BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9 A.M. – 5 P.M., MONDAY – FRIDAY. Your designee will need to go to the Housing Office, Goldstein Student Center, Suite 210, (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.). They will need to show ID to the Housing Office upon arrival. Housing Office staff will review the process to access the apartment with your designee.
If you have arranged for storage/shipping of your belongings, your designee will need to meet the vendor outside of your apartment in with your belongings. If you have chosen Lazybones as your vendor, Lazybones can staff can assist in the removal of packed belongings from your apartment. Lazybones is the only vendor authorized to provide door-to-door service in residential facilities.
Spring 2022 Isolation/Quarantine Pick-Up Authorization
This form is for use only if you will be in quarantine/isolation housing as the spring 2022 semester ends and need to designate someone to pack and retrieve your belongings from your permanent housing assignment for the winter break period. All information below must be completed to request permission for a designated individual to pack and remove your belonging from your academic year housing assignment while you are in quarantine/isolation housing.