Resident advisors (RAs) are at the heart of the living experience, serving as leaders in their communities and providing residents with support, referrals and opportunities for connection. We are actively recruiting RAs and Living Learning Community Resident Advisors (LLCRAs) for the 2022-2023 Academic Year! The deadline to apply is Jan. 30, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- Step 1: Review the 2022-2023 RA and LLCRA guidelines document (available on Handshake). Following, attend or watch an Info Session.
- Step 2: Visit Handshake to complete your New RA Application, for more information and the external application link. If this is your first time using Handshake, please visit the Career Services website for additional information and instructions. New RA Applications are open Monday, Jan. 10, 2022, through Sunday, Jan. 30, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- Step 3: Check your email (i.e. @syr.edu) for an invitation to schedule your Individual Interview and Group Process Interviews.
- Step 4: Complete your Individual Interview and Group Process Interviews.
- Step 5: Receive an email update (i.e. @syr.edu) from Student Living in early March 2022, regarding your 2022-2023 RA Application Status. Please note, due to the size of our applicant pool and number of RA positions, we will hold an alternate list for any vacancies that arise throughout the summer and the 2022-2023 academic year.
Virtual Information Sessions are being held via Zoom on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, Jan. 25 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. (ET)
- Wednesday, Jan. 26 from 7 – 8 p.m. (ET)
- Thursday, Jan. 27 from Noon – 1 p.m. (ET)
- Friday, Jan. 28 from 3 – 4 p.m. (ET)
Interested individuals may access the Zoom Info Sessions here.
Please note there will be a presentation following each information session with Financial Aid, which reviews the financial benefits of the RA role and the impact that this may have on an RAs financial aid package.