Syracuse University’s BOLD program is a voluntary program that empowers student organizations to take charge in their leadership growth and their organization’s success.
The program’s curriculum is based on participation in skill-based workshops meant to engage student organization members in active discussion and reflection of four leadership themes:
The leader in you: explore your strengths & discover your leadership style.
Your influence on others: how those strengths can be used in your organization.
You and your organization: develop skills and techniques needed to promote your organization’s interactions & initiatives.
- Leading in your world: discover how to make a difference on campus and in your community.
Through completing goals within the curriculum, students will develop the skills needed to successfully run their organization and make positive changes on campus and in the community. Students will also be eligible earn certificates that will boost their resume and earn rewards that will contribute to their organization’s events, activities, and interactions.
Want to know more? Scroll down for the details on upcoming workshops, about our team, and frequently asked questions.
Comments, questions, or ideas? Send us a note at email@example.com.
What are the BOLD Learning Outcomes?
Students and organization leaders will be able to:
- Analyze their leadership strengths, styles and areas of improvement
- Examine the values that shape their leadership of their organization
- Increase contributions and create new programming within their organization and community
- Apply new strategies to increase communication, collaboration and conflict resolution
- Critique their organizations mission and goals
- Create an environment that supports diversity, equity and inclusion as well as diverse thoughts, opinions and experiences of those around them
- Integrate SU policies, procedures and resources into programs
- Evaluate how they can lead their organization to create positive change within the community
BOLD Workshop Dates for the Spring 2022 Semester
RSO’s are required to attend 5 workshops in total to complete their registration process – 4 mandatory and 1 workshop of choice. At least one E-board Member, preferably the President, must attend the workshops. Required ones are noted below.
One e-board member from your organization (for new RSO’s) must attend one session for each workshop listed below.
Recruitment and Retention
- Monday, February 28th @ 5pm
- Thursday, March 3rd @ 4pm
- Monday, March 7th @ 5pm
- Thursday, March 10th @ 4pm
Rights & Responsibilities
- Monday, March 28th @ 5pm
- Thursday, March 31st @ 4pm
STOP Bias – DEIA
- Tuesday, March 22nd @ 5pm
- Tuesday, March 29th @ 4pm
Workshops of Your Choice:
One e-board member (for New RSO’s) must attend one of the workshops listed below.
Conflict Management and Emotional Intelligence
- Monday, March 21st @ 5pm
Promotion & Branding
- Thursday, March 24th @ 4pm
Meet the BOLD Interns!
Anna is a sophomore majoring in Psychology in the College of Arts and Sciences, and minoring in Public Health in the Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics. This is her first year as a BOLD intern working as a program developer. In addition, she is an intern for Hillel and is involved in the Dean’s Team, OttoTHON, and the Psychology Club. Anna is super excited to work with the program and help support all of the wonderful RSO’s!