If there is an issue or challenge impacting a student’s success in and out of the classroom, the team of case managers in Student Outreach and Retention can assist with holistic and integrated support services. Case managers help students navigate questions or concerns, make referrals to resources and assist in connecting with offices, faculty and staff across the academic and campus experience, building a network of support and care for students.
Contacting Case Managers
Case managers may reach out to students if made aware that they may be struggling with some aspect of campus life or have been impacted by a recent event. Students may also reach out if they would like to discuss an issue, struggle or barrier with a case manager. Together, the case manager and student will work on an action plan for future follow-up, including possible referrals to additional support areas and ongoing case management, that may continue throughout the semester or longer as determined by the case manager and student.
- Make an appointment.
- Call 315.443.4357.
Case Managers Support
- Comprehensive consultation services to the University community to proactively identify at-risk and/or struggling students.
- Outreach to identified students.
- Early intervention and behaviorally-based assessments to determine appropriate resources and support areas.
- Supportive intervention, guidance and advocacy services.
- Referrals and campus navigation assistance.
- Monitoring of student progress.
- Follow-up support plans.