Academic advising is an essential component of a Syracuse University education. Successful advising depends on students, faculty and staff sharing timely, accurate information with one another.
Student Responsibilities: You are responsible for scheduling, preparing for and keeping advising appointments; for seeking out contacts and information; and for knowing the basic requirements of your academic programs. You will bear the final responsibility for making decisions based on the best information and advice available and, ultimately, on your own judgment.
Advisor Responsibilities: Advisors are responsible for developing a thorough knowledge of the degree requirements within a student’s program of study and a working knowledge of academic options and resources throughout the University. Advisors will encourage you to ask questions, gather information and explore options so you can develop a meaningful academic plan.
Orange Success helps connect students, faculty, staff, advisors and more throughout the student experience. Visit the Orange Success webpage to discover your advisor and find detailed instructions on how to schedule appointments and more.
Start exploring how these additional advising resources can help support your success today!
- Career Services: Career exploration specialists are here to help if you are undecided, want to internally transfer to another school/college at Syracuse, discuss major(s) and more!
- Degree Works: This web-based platform displays degree requirements, completed coursework and tracks progress.
- Intra University Transfer Process: Interested in changing your major? Explore opportunities at Syracuse University!
- Office of the Registrar: The team supports the Course Catalog, class registration, transcripts and more.
- Orange Success: The platform supports ease of communication between students, advisors, faculty and offices across campus, surrounding questions, academic flags and encouragement.