By joining a first year Living Learning Community (LLC) students can move into their Residence Hall early, connect with their LLC Resident Advisor and begin to build connections and friendships with fellow LLC floormates. Please note that LLC Orientation is exclusive to students placed into an LLC, and does not apply to students living in Theme Housing.
LLC Move-In Pass Registration
In order to move in early, on Tuesday, August 23, first-year LLC students must go to the Housing portal in MySlice and register for the Tuesday LLC move-in pass. Registration for the LLC move-in pass opens on Monday, July 11th, 2022 at 12 p.m. and closes on Monday, July 18th at 10 a.m.
- Visit the Moving-In On-Campus website to make sure you meet all requirements and to learn relevant information about the move-in process.
- Visit the Registration Schedule to view the complete list of when move-in pass selection will begin and end.
- If you are participating in a different pre-welcome program that requires you to move-in to your residence hall before Tuesday, August 23, please follow the timeline and instructions from your pre-welcome program.
- If your pre-welcome program conflicts with other LLC Orientation activities, don't worry! We look forward to meeting you at another time during the semester, and hope you are able to join us for any portion of our Orientation as your primary pre-welcome program schedule allows.
- Pre-welcome programs include, but are not limited to: Leadership Outdoor Orientation Program (LOOP), Fresh Fest and International Student Orientation. If you have questions regarding your pre-welcome program's requirements and schedule, please inquire with the coordinating office directly.
- If you are unable to move-in early on Tuesday, August 23, due to another significant scheduling conflict, that's okay! Please sign up for a move-in pass on a day and time that works best for you, and we will look forward to meeting you when you arrive on campus. However, we hope you will be able to prioritize the LLC Orientation experience as you make plans for your arrival.
LLC Orientation Schedule
Aside from registering for your Move-In Pass, there is no separate registration process required for LLC students and families to participate in any other LLC Orientation activity. Read on to learn more about the Orientation schedule!
Once you’ve moved into your assigned LLC residence hall, LLC students will then spend that evening participating in welcome programs with their LLC Resident Advisors. The next day Parents are encouraged to stop by the LLC Q&A session to learn about the opportunities that their students get to participate in all year long as part of the LLC. First Year students can attend this session too! Lastly join Resident Advisors, Peer Mentors, and fellow LLC floormates for a picnic style kick off celebration where LLC faculty and staff member will be waiting to meet you!
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Move in a day early! First Year LLC students will move into their designated Residence Hall.
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Enjoy dinner in the dining halls with your fellow LLC floormates
- 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. - LLC RAs and Peer Mentors will conduct opening LLC floor meeting to include ice breakers and bonding activities.
- 8 p.m. - LLC RAs and Peer Mentors to accompany students to Ice Cream Social and Slice is Right at Hendricks Chapel
- 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - LLC Q&A Parents Session. Presentation describing the benefits and yearly initiatives for students. Other common questions to be answered. Light breakfast to be provided. First Year students can attend. (location: Schine 304 ABC)
- 12:30 p.m. - LLC RAs to gather students and accompany them to LLC picnic.
- 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. - LLC Orientation Picnic. Over lunch students can mingle with other LLC students, meet some of their faculty and staff members, connect with the Academic Provost and have fun playing different lawn games! Students to receive LLC T-Shirt at event. (location: Women’s Building Field).
- 8 p.m. - LLC RAs to encourage students to attend Syracuse Welcome event at 90s Night on the Quad , Shaw Quadrangle.