Electronic Prescribing Information: Surescripts Network – Syracuse University Health Service Pharmacy 13244
Certified as an Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) provider, the Pharmacy is full-service, and available to the campus community. The Pharmacy and in-person and virtual retail space provides a wide selection of health and wellness supplies, prescriptions, pharmaceutical education and counseling.
Located within the Barnes Center at The Arch, the in-person Pharmacy hosts prescription filling, consultation services and a retail shopping space. Explore hours of operation on the Facilities and Hours webpage.
Frequently purchased retail products are available to order for pick-up. Using the Wellness Portal, select "Virtual Pharmacy." Please note, orders may take two to four hours to complete. Individuals will receive a phone call when their order is available. Students, faculty and staff are invited to place orders.
If this is your first time using the Wellness Portal, please visit the Wellness Portal webpage for additional information and instruction.
Available in-person and virtually, the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy maintains a large inventory of common non-prescription items and health supplies. Among hundreds of items in the retail pharmacy, you’ll find the following. For questions or to request a product, please call 315.443.5691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chest Binders
- Digital Thermometers (Oral)
- Ear Care Supplies (e.g. ear plugs, earwax remover, etc.)
- Emergen-C, Vitamin C
- Emergency Contraceptives
- Essential Cold/Flu Items
- Eye Care Supplies (e.g. saline solution, contact lens cleaner, eye drops, etc.)
- First Aid Kits and Supplies (e.g. antibiotic ointment, bandages, cold/hot packs, etc.)
- Herbal Teas
- Hand Sanitizer (Locally manufactured by Professor Chris Uyehara.)
- Hand Sanitizer Wipes
- Masks (e.g. disposable, reusable)
- Necessities (e.g. hygiene supplies, toiletries, vitamins, supplements, etc.)
- Oral Hygiene Supplies
- Over-the-Counter Medication ( e.g. allergy, cold/flu, pain relievers, stomach pain/gas relievers, etc.)
- Sanitary Items ( e.g. pads, tampons, yeast infection treatment, etc.)
- Self-Administered COVID Test Kits
- Please Note: May be free of charge based on students’ health insurance or pharmacy benefit plan. Please consult your insurance provider to see if you are eligible.
- Sexual Health Supplies ( e.g. condoms, lubricants, emergency contraception, etc.)
- Please Note: Syracuse University students have access to various sexual health supplies at no extra cost. These items are not located in the Pharmacy retail space. Visit the Sexual Health webpage for more information.
- Toiletries and Personal Care Items ( e.g. shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc.)
- Travel Supplies
- Vitamins and Supplements
Students are welcome to explore available health and wellness supplies, place requests for products to be available within the Pharmacy and test samples for sizing options. Requests may be made at the Pharmacy, by calling 315.443.5691 or by emailing email@example.com.
One-on-one purchasing consultation services are available with Barnes Center at The Arch Counseling and Pharmacy. Please call 315.443.8000 to schedule.
- Chest Binders
- Gender Affirming Hormones and Syringes
- Hair Removal and Bleaching Kits
- KT Tape
With an appointment, students who missed the flu shot clinics, may receive a flu shot from the Barnes Center Pharmacy. Please call the Pharmacy at 315.443.5691 to schedule an appointment.
Visit the Barnes Center at The Arch Stay Safe webpage to learn more about flu clinics, the flu shot requirement and more.
University pharmacists are happy to answer questions and help you chose the best over-the-counter medication(s) for your needs. Don’t see what you need in the retail space? Let us know by calling 315.443.5691 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prescriptions from Barnes Center at The Arch Health Care Providers
If you receive a prescription from a Barnes Center at The Arch health care provider, your prescription will be digitally sent to the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy, unless you request a different pharmacy. View a list of nearby pharmacies on the After-Hours Care webpage.
Prescriptions from an External Provider
If you seek to fill a prescription prescribed by an external provider, such as your home physician, please have your provider fax, phone or electronically prescribe a new prescription to Syracuse University’s Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy. Per New York State law, when using an outside pharmacy, individuals are only allowed one transfer refill, per request. Pending state laws, you may lose all of your refills.
In accordance with New York State Pharmacy Law, Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy staff can only transfer one refill to or from another pharmacy. If more than one transfer is required, the prescribing clinician must authorize it. To authorize the refills, the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy will need the phone number of either the other pharmacy or your clinician. As requests may increase at times throughout the year and/or your home pharmacy may be in a different time zone, please know, the health and wellness team is working to assist students as quickly as possible.
Requesting a Prescription Transfer
Please note, you must have refills left on your prescription. You may complete the request on the Patient Portal or have your local pharmacy call the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy at 315.443.5691 during business hours.
Refills Remaining on Your Prescription
You may take your Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy prescription bottle/label to a pharmacy in your area. Your local pharmacy can then call the Barnes Center Pharmacy at 315.443.5691 and request a prescription transfer. Please note, some state laws may prevent this. As a friendly reminder, New York State Pharmacy Law permits the Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy to transfer only one refill to another pharmacy.
Out of Prescription Refills
Please contact your provider for a new prescription.